The KSRTC allows transportation of luggage by passengers, important guidelines related to luggage transportation are as below:
I. Classification of Luggage :
1. Light luggage:
Luggage occupying more space and low weighing are charged at 10 kgs per unit.
- Cotton bales non pressed
- Aluminium utensils/pipes,
- Plastic utensils / pipes,decorative items etc
- Flowers,Leaves,Decorative grass etc
2. Heavy luggage:
Heavy luggage are to be charged at 20 kgs / unit.
- Agricultural products / vegetables/ fruits
- Pulses / Seeds
- Motors /pumps / Iron pipes
- Suitcase / Bed- roll and any other luggage
3. Portable Articles :
||3 units ( 60 kgs)
|Refrigerator / Bicycle / Veena / Washing Machine / Car tyre
||2 units ( 40 kgs)
|TV / Computer monitor / Empty container upto 25 litres Capacity / CPU / Battery / Table Fan
||1 unit (20 kgs)
4. Pet Animals :
- Pet animals/ birds are allowed in City, Suburban, Ordinary and Mofussil services only. Pet animals/ birds are not allowed in premium services like Karnataka Vaibhava, Rajahamsa, Non AC sleeper and all Air -conditioned services.
- Rabbit, pup, cat, bird, birds in cage etc. are charged at the child fare prescribed.
- Pet animals are allowed at the risk of accompanying passengers. Pets shall be carried in baskets, tied with chains and facemasks.
- Passengers should ensure safe keep of pets and not to cause disturbance to other passengers / bus crew / KSRTC property.
Note - Pet animals shall be charged as indicated above and shall under no circumstances be treated as part of free allowance.
Cocoon will be charged at 15 kgs / unit.
6. Free allowance:
- Every passenger is allowed to carry luggage (all inclusive) free of cost to an extent of 30 kgs in case of adult and 15 kgs in case of chargeable child.
- If the luggage carried by the passenger is more than the permissible free allowance then the luggage is to be charged after allowing free allowance applicable to the passenger concerned.
- In case adult passenger carried more than 30 kgs, then above the 30 kgs luggage is to be charged.
- Passengers traveling in a group of 4 or 5 persons carrying the luggage articles in a single bag or bundle are allowed free allowance for one person (30 kgs) only.
- Free luggage allowance is allowed for personal baggage only. Other luggage like portable articles and / or commercial goods will be charged as per rules.
- An Adult passenger intends to carry bed-roll of 5 kgs and is accompanied by a dog. The bed �roll to be allowed free. However, the Dog is to be charged.
II. Luggage Rates:
Luggage rates beyond free luggage allowance is as below;
||Rate per unit per chargeable stage
||Minimum fare (Rs.)
|All Non-AC services (City, Suburban, Ordinary,Karnataka Sarige, Rajahamsa, Karnataka Vaibhav, Non-AC Sleeper services etc.)
All Air-conditioned services (Airavat, AC Sleeper, Airavat Club Class, Flybus, Corona etc.)
- These rates are applicable for unaccompanied luggage also.
- Newspaper bundles shall be charged at Rs.5/- per unit of 5 kgs or part thereof irrespective of the distance.
III. Prohibited Luggages:
- Petrol, Gas, Kerosene
- Cool Tar
- Gun powder
- Wet/dry fish
- Pataki / explosives
- Narcotics / drugs
- Gas cylinder
- Dead body
- Non-licensed forest products
- Bones / horns
- Animals excl. pets
- Non packed cotton
- Non packed dry leaves
- Guns and bullets
- Unrefined Skin,fur,hair
- Non-packed woolen goods
- Items with foul odour
- Animals / birds facing extinction
- Venomous snakes / insects
- Camphor and other inflammable articles
- Other prohibited items as per law
IV. Important terms and conditions:
- The corporation reserves the right to accept / reject any luggage.
- Luggage in packed conditions will be allowed subject to availability of the space.
- Articles which are offensive, contraband, explosive or otherwise dangerous to the safety of passengers shall not be accepted for carriage.
- Corporation will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused to the luggage due to unforeseen circumstances or due to accident to the vehicle carrying the luggage or improper packing.
- In case of any doubt regarding the contents of the luggage, the same will be liable for inspection by the KSRTC staff.
- Under no circumstances, bulk luggage will be carried inside the bus, affecting the movement of passengers or staff, or in the driver�s cabin.
- If the luggage carried in the bus is not charged at the boarding point, a penalty equivalent to two times the luggage fare be imposed on the person who carries luggage.